login   |    register
Creatures & Comics
Dracula and the Wolverine... topics go here.
Hosted by David Myres
The Bride
TAFFY3
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Joined: January 21, 2008
KitMaker: 2,451 posts
ModelGeek: 59 posts
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 - 05:13 AM UTC
This is "The Bride of Frankenstein" from Moebius. It's straight out of the box, base coated with rattle cans and painted with acrylics.





A great kit and lots of fun to build. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in the Universal monsters. Al
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
Joined: March 05, 2004
KitMaker: 3,756 posts
ModelGeek: 725 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 03:17 PM UTC
Looks like a pretty fun kit to put together.
Anymore closer pics in focus?




TAFFY3
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Joined: January 21, 2008
KitMaker: 2,451 posts
ModelGeek: 59 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 03:21 PM UTC
[quote]Looks like a pretty fun kit to put together.
Anymore closer pics in focus? [quote]

It was a lot of fun, it went together well and the fit was surprisingly good. I'll try and post a few more pics. Al
oldbean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Joined: July 05, 2004
KitMaker: 686 posts
ModelGeek: 111 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 11:13 PM UTC
Al,
Great job! I was thinking about getting this kit. Any major problems/concerns?

Jesse
TAFFY3
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Joined: January 21, 2008
KitMaker: 2,451 posts
ModelGeek: 59 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 01:23 AM UTC
Hello Jesse, This kit was great, I'd recommend it to anyone with a little experience. The only problem I had was the joint between Frankie's upper body and legs, there was a sizable gap that needed puttying. However, a friend who built this kit told me he didn't have this problem with his kit. There might just have been a defect with mine. Other than that the fit was great. With careful assembly and sanding most seams disappear. There are a few on the necks of both the Bride and Frankie that needed a little extra attention. The only modification that I made was to add plastic rod to the four legs of the couch and the corners and the middle of the platform it stands on. I drilled corresponding holes in the platform and base. I did it so that I could paint everything separately and have a stronger joint afterward. Al
TAFFY3
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Joined: January 21, 2008
KitMaker: 2,451 posts
ModelGeek: 59 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 03:27 AM UTC
As requested, a few more photos.











Hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed building. Al
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
Joined: March 05, 2004
KitMaker: 3,756 posts
ModelGeek: 725 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 12:45 PM UTC
Oh wow, nice painting. Very nice. I also like how you handled the glass behind 'her' head




TAFFY3
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Joined: January 21, 2008
KitMaker: 2,451 posts
ModelGeek: 59 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 01:07 PM UTC
I also like how you handled the glass behind 'her' head [quote]

Thanks, A few were one piece, and I used epoxy to join the others together. They were then dipped in various shades of the Tamiya 'clear' colors to tint them. Al